Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SNEAK PEAK - Doodle Palace

Hi all, this is a sneak peak of one of the new release Digital images at Doodle Palace, male cards are definately not easy for me, but thought I would challenge myself!
I used grit 60 sandpaper for the sand effect, SU cardstock for everything else, the sentiment is sponged with only orange and yellow yoyo (sun effect), didn't matter how many pics I took, still looks brown. This card has been made for a friend who has just got the all clear, so definately cause for celebrating. Now hubby tells me I have a freshwater fishing rod for sea water (not that he has done much fishing), just think he likes to tease LOL!! Used kindyglitz along the edge of the sandpaper and special effects on boots, catch and rod.

Doodle Palace have a new challenge - lots of layers, so please come and join us if you can.

Challenges

Rosie D #64 - Just for Men
ABC 'N' - New (new digi image and sandpaper)

Thanks for visiting, happy crafting, take careX:)

17 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about masculine cards but girl you did a fabulous job...I LOVE how you used the sand paper for you sand what a fabby idea!!! CUTE images too!! This is all around one great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so excited to see a summertime scene. I am so ready for the warm weather. Thanks for the smile my friend!! Love the sand paper and the design. Gorgeous beach scene.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sandpaper effect, what a great idea! I'm sure who ever gets this card will be really happy with it. Great Job Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow soo cute, this is a fantastic male card. I love the use of the sandpaper for the sand - brilliant idea. PS I would had no idea there was such a thing as a freshwater or sea water fishing rod - trust a male to pick that up.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annette

    What a cleverly constructed card.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Rosie D's.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You pulled it out the hat with this one....its fab Annette!

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's with your beautiful work! Good luck!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scene you have made...very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job of a male card. Love the sandpaper effect, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annette, what a cool effect using sand paper, you girls amaze me with what you come up with, brilliant card, good luck on your draws and thank you for joining Rosie D's this week..
    hugz
    stitchy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Annette you definitely created an awesome masculine card....the dimension is amazing and the sandpaper for sand is a wonderful idea! Thanks for leaving some love on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card!!! Thanks for playing with us at Rosie D's, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Annette this card is fabulous!!
    Kristy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card, thanks for joining Rosi-D's challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card it just gorgeous. I absolutely love beach scenes. Love it.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Annette, great card, love the beach scene, how creative. hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a fabulous card! Using sandpaper for the beach, wow!

    Thanks for joining us at Rosie D's

    We hope to see you again soon!

    Good luck.

    Rosie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message, it is very much appreciated and certainly brings a smile to my face, happy crafting, take care, Annette X:)