Monday, February 8, 2010

Delia - lets help cheer her up by sending a card

Hi all, just found this out about this little girl via Dustin Pike's site,

This is an email Dustin received from his friend Jennifer:

On Friday, December 11th, 2009 my friends daughter Delia was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. She is 10 yrs old and is currently being treated at the Denver Children's Hospital.

She loves art, photography and really loves owls. I was hoping that there would be some wonderful women or men out there that would love to send her a card of encouragement. I thought it would bring a smile to Delia's face to be inundated with cards as a special Valentines Day gift from people around the world. Please find it in your heart to bring hope and love to this beautiful spirited girl. Any card will do..but if you have an owl that would be a bonus. Please pass this information around so we can thrill a little girl in her time of hardship!

She is on her second round of chemo and its been a struggle for her, although she is doing better today.
An address for her mail is here.

Att: Delia Cadwallader
2048 Sandhurst Dr.
Castle Rock, CO 80104


IF you are willing to make a card/something for this little girl email me dustin_pike@yahoo.com and I will send you the above owl images to use for her and whenever else you'd like consider it a small payment for a small set of Digi's... Dustin.

So my owl card is going to fly its way to Delia, so glad to find a lovely home for it. Hopefully it will be flying with many more, makes me think how fortunate I am and to try and make the most of every day, must remember this the next time my two test my patience.

Thanks for visiting, happy crafting, take care AnnetteX:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh how sad...so many people are writing about people suffering with diseases like leukemia and cancer. So many are so young...It breaks my heart to read about them. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to do..I am always so sad to hear about these little ones..I will find a card to send to her...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message, it is very much appreciated and certainly brings a smile to my face, happy crafting, take care, Annette X:)