Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My First Tent card

Hi all,

Thought I would have a go at a tent card, I have just made my first tutorial on colouring snow for Mad for Markers and this cutie is the result and I just pictured him in my head peering through a snowflake, had help here Rosanna she got her origami out for me and I traced around one of her snowflakes and then cut it out. I have heated embossed the snow/snowflakes using my SU Stamp Set (one of my favs) onto SU elegant eggpant card. I did try putting some embossed snowflakes on and ribbon but it looked too much so stuck with a metal plate that says ho ho ho and snowflake charm. I have used a heart shape eyelet to hang him from.
There is special effects for the bells, eyes and nose. For ear muffs and fur trim I have used Crushed Velvet Lilac Flock. I have distressed around the edge of the snowflake to try to make it look fluffy.


Challenges

Magical crafts Challenge #16 - metal on your project
Sew Many Challenges #16- Threes a Charm
By the Cute and Girly - Celebrations

Thanks for visiting, happy crafting, take careX:)

18 comments:

  1. SWEET!!! I love the "fur"!! Too cute!! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Annette! How fun!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so cute.Thanks for sharing with Magical Crafts.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Annette!!! Love how you used this image into a tent card! Very creative!! Love the details you included also. The fur is too cute!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card...love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute snowman - thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is ADORABLE Annette, awesome job on the tent card..!!! WOOHOO this is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, this is soooo cute! Thanks for joining SMC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I love the snowman! Thanks for taking part in the Magical Crafts Challenge and Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge this week. S x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very cute. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sew Many Challenges. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tent card is just great, I haven't tried one yet. Love the snowman looking through the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwwwwwwww... this is SEW sweet!

    Thank you for taking the challenge at Sew Many Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!!Such a cute tent card!Love the snowman(made too many of them this winter...still,nice to see now that summer finally arrived in Norway!)
    Janne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab tent card! Love that image too! Thank you for joining Quixotic Challenge #27! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Annette, this is wonderful! I love how you have your snowman peering through the snowflake. Great idea! Super coloring on this image! WOW! Gorgeous work! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Annette,
    Such a wonderful card, and I so love this Snowman. Thanks for joining us at Magical Crafts this time.
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is really lovely! i hav enot made a tent card before, it is on my list of things to do.

    love tina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message, it is very much appreciated and certainly brings a smile to my face, happy crafting, take care, Annette X:)