Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Inky Bookmark for Elise

Hi all, last week one of my blogging buddies the gorgeous talented Cheryl My Cardmaking Haven, posted about a fellow blogger called Elise from Paper Love Affair who has recently been diagnosed with Breast Cancer and has shared her story here to try and help spread awareness.  The very generous Bec from Bizzy Becs has put together some AWESOME Candy to give to a lucky person involved in the card drive.   For full details visit Cheryl this will be at the top of her blog till 16th November. Another extremely talented blogger bud Debbie made a card for Elise and told us about this amazing post from another lady who would like to put a smile on Elise's face.

Now I don't know Elise and not very good with words, so I thought a bookmark would be nice instead of a card using the gorgeous Inky Impressions 'Awareness Ribbon Girl'.  Coloured her using my Copics, used the pink spica pen for the ribbon and on the outside edge of the blossom flower but then added kindyglitz.  MS pansy border punch and the little butterflies out of another MS butterfly border punch.  The gorgeous pink ribbon is bows with sequins running through the middle.
 

The beautiful flowers are from Bizzy Becs I just added a touch of kindyglitz, a rhinestone or two on the pansy border and special effects for the hairband, eyes, nails and ear ring.



Copics

B24, B26, B91, B95, BV11, BV13, BV17, E000, E00, E11, E50, E51, E53, R20, RV00, RV02,RV25, V0000, YR04, Spica Blossom.

Just a reminder Sammi over at the Mad for Markers Store can cater for all your copic requirements, as well as markers, there are various sticky tapes, Xpress Blend It Paper, masking paper etc. Posting to New Zealand and Australia. Sammi is now stocking Flourish with bling embellishments.  Also check out the blog each day for more wonderful inspiration from the DT for our current challenge Home Decor Item  We so look forward to visiting your space in blog land to see your inspirational creations.

DON'T forget to mark November 1st in your Diary as we are having our FIRST MAD FOR MARKERS BLOG HOP where you will be introduced to our new DT girls!
Challenges
My Cardmaking Haven - Card drive for Elise with candy from Bizzy Becs
Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge #62 - Psalm 73:26 - To use pink ribbon and pink in your project in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness month

Thank you for visiting, happy crafting, take careX:)

p.s.  MIL has been here a week and is having a fab time just spending family time with us, so again I apologise for my lack of commenting but am trying to catch up (frightened I may miss out on something lol!)

20 comments:

  1. What a fabulous and thoughtful keepsake - I can see Elise using this in her book as she heads off for treatments! I'm sure it will give her strength to get through every time she uses it!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous Annette! Really something for a girl! Love it!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bookmark is so beautiful and such a great idea as a gift for Eise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annette, this is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure it will definitely put a smile on Elise's face. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! Thank you for sharing with us at http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/

    Maggie

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely bookmark...she'll love it! Thanks so much for stoppin' by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the sparkles,and your wee flowers are fabulous. And thanks.. you made me LOL when i read this
    p.s. MIL has been here a week and is having a fab time just spending family time with us, so again I apologise for my lack of commenting but am trying to catch up (frightened I may miss out on something lol!)

    Thanks so much for joining us at southern girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful book mark. Love the your coloring and all the pretty little details. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous Bookmark! I'm sure she will love it! Love that ribbon and your image is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous bookmark and such detail love the inking too, thanks for sharing with us Stampin with the Dragon
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWWW Annette this is soooo darling, I LOVE your bookmark and those added ribbons are FABULOUS!!!! Great sparkle and LiLi looks BEAUTIFUL!!! FABBY Creation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, sparkly bookmark! Thank you for sharing your creation with us in our "You Got Ink" Challenge at Stamping With The Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful card - loving the pink this week! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Annette, this is just beautiful! How thoughtful of you and what a lovely idea! I bet Elise will love it!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awe! What a sweet corner bookmark Annette! I love the big pink ribbon that the sweet girl is holding and all the butterflies fluttering about are just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous bookmark Annette!! Lili with the ribbon is perfect for Elise. She will so appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWW!! Annette!!! I knew I was missing some people that I love to visit and you were one of them! :) Thanks for stopping by to say something so I knew you were here girl!! I ADORE this gorgeous bookmark!! You are so clever and wow what coloring!! I've missed you my friend!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Annette,

    This is gorgalicious! I just love it.

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Annette, that is a gorgeous bookmark! This is just the most prettiest image, isn't it? I love your design and sparkle! Beautiful job! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely idea. The sparkly bookmark would make anyone smile!! Very special, thank you so much for joining us at southern girls x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message, it is very much appreciated and certainly brings a smile to my face, happy crafting, take care, Annette X:)